Five Inspirations in 2013

As the year draws to an end, I particularly want to highlight several people, events, or things that have inspired me this year (in no particular order, choosing among a longer list):

Singing and performing in the choral workshop with 400 other people in the San Francisco Davis Symphony Hall under the maestro, the San Francisco Symphony Chorus Director, Ragner Bohlin – a spiritual and beautiful experience during the Christmas season.  (I can just barely see myself in the alto section!)Sf Symphony community singersLearn to concentrate on Five Areas of your life (95% of your time) in the immediate one year and assign tasks to these Five Key Areas in your daily life, while making sure the other non-related tasks take up as little as 5% of your time, said Peter Bregman in his book “18 Minutes”.  I want to be more flexible with the 95% and would be happy if I can use 80-85% for my 5 Key Areas.  This helps me to focus on the important areas of my life and makes me realize that I am spending too much time on unimportant tasks.   Here is a simple example adapted from Bregman.
Five AreasUsing apps to read e-book on my iPhone or tablet with Blio (from public library) or Kindle (paid or free download).  I can read more interesting books easier, faster and cheaper, which also makes my workout more interesting! By the way, I am totally thrilled with my old phone 4, which was upgraded to the iOS 7 operating system, giving my phone a complete facelift!
Reading ebook at the beach.                                                                                                                                               (Image courtesy of theguardian.com)

My Father, who published his first book at a nice age of 75 drawing from his over 30 years of experiences at IBM, is a clear inspiration to us all!  The family is very proud of you, Dad!Computer age book

I am also inspired by all the blogger’s posts I have read throughout the year and am totally grateful to my followers for all your support.

Here’s to a wonderful 2014 to you all!

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Five Inspirations in 2013

  1. Thank you for your friendship and your wonderful posts that you’ve shared with us.
      I wish you a, Happy New Year, my dear simplecherishes! 🙂
    Big hugs, Stefania 🙂

    1. Wishing you a joyful New Year filled with good health and peace as well!! Thank you so much for all your support and comments. Your gorgeous paintings and music blog is a great inspiration to me and I am sure to others.

      1. Dear simplecherishes, I am so happy for our friendship. Thank you so much for this. Thanks for all the comments on my blog for all the nice words for me, for your support and for all the beautiful picture that you share them with us. I wishing, with all my heart, God bless with health and happiness for all the days of your life, what will be to come. To step into the new year with confidence, with hope, with faith and optimism. Have a new year better, more peaceful, more prosperous, with accomplishments and Many Many Many Joys!
        HAPPY NEW YEAR, my dear simplecherishes! 🙂

      2. These are such lovely words. Thank you so much for your friendship, support and well wishes. All the same to you. I shall look forward to more inspirations from you in the New Year!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s